Forge and Foster is committed to generating positive social and economic value for communities, tenants, investors, and other stakeholders through commercial real estate projects in Hamilton and across Southern Ontario. We bring vitality to cities as a leading value-add commercial real estate investment management company.
We are looking for a full-time Chartered Accountant to join our team to help with the accuracy and compliance of accounting standards for our existing real estate portfolio as well as our expanding business ventures.
Your tasks will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Full cycle accounting for our operating companies.
- Full P&L finance accountability for operating companies and projects.
- Accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable.
- Develop and maintain good vendor relations and be proactive with conflict resolution.
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and review monthly draw packages, including supporting documentation and schedules to obtain funding from lenders, and equity partners.
- Process intercompany billings and reconcile intercompany accounts monthly.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure.
- Create and maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and ensure monthly closing entries are set up, and done correctly.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date office records.
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial, and federal reporting requirements.
- Responsible for accurate and complete accounting records and preparation of all monthly, quarterly, and yearly remittances, filings, obligations, as may be required.
- Review and interpret financial statements and operations to facilitate better upper management decision making.
- Develop and or improve on current financial and management reporting.
- Work with the VP of Finance to ensure a clean and timely year end audit, including preparation of information required to create annual financial statements and tax returns through the accounting firm.
- Provide ongoing project-by-project profitability / cash flow / capital projections and communicate with lenders, equity partners, and others as may be required.
- Pro-actively recommend and assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to process improvements of the company.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures to monitor and analyze the progress of construction projects to evaluate estimating, purchasing, variance, and cost to complete functions.
- Support Vice President, Finance, with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Skills
- Accounting Designation CPA; and
- Computer skills including MS Office, ability to learn and use additional software as may be required.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information and maintaining records.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written. Willing to take responsibility and being held accountable for results.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift